Go to top of page

Travel advice

Useful travel information and advice to help you have an enjoyable study experience.

Government travel advisory

Smartraveller is the Australian Government's travel advisory and consular assistance service. Find travel advice for countries and events, tips on health and safety, travel insurance, what to do when things go wrong and responsible travelling. Registering with Smartraveller will help the government to contact or find you in an emergency.


Information about passports is availabe from the Australian Passports Office.

Visas for Australians travelling overseas

You will need to contact the embassy or consulate of the country you wish to visit to get up to date information on visas.

Centrelink payments

Information on Centrelink payments for students planning on studying overseas.

Health insurance

Find information about health care and health insurance while overseas at the Department of Human Services website and Smart Traveller. The Insurance Council of Australia also features an article about key health insurance issues to consider when travelling.